Tuesday 20 March 2012

A DeAD tRee BroUGht bACk to LifE

I was driving to work as usual, on the same road and familiar surrounding but somehow that day it did a bit different as one tree took my breath away . . . it is so eye-catching.  My first thought was, how did the tree become so beautiful? I stop my car at the end of the road and took few snaps.




The so creative and eye-catching project has caught attention of quite a number of people. Later I found out the this is actually a project in the two-day Playground in Island 2011 workshop.  This project took 2 days to complete.  The site-specific installation was led by Korean artist, Jeong Hwa Choi. with some 20 to 30 students assisted him in placing the 1,000 plastic flowers.  The project cost RM3,000 including the flowers and rental of ladders.  They tied the flowers to the end of the branches with strings to make it look real.


http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=80032


No comments:

Post a Comment